Public Health Emergency Preparedness Information
The Bullitt County Health Department’s Preparedness mission is to assure that if a large scale emergency occurs, the health of the community will be addressed. To accomplish this goal all preparedness work functions involve:
----->Collaboration with internal and external partners to protect the health of the Bullitt County community in emergencies;
- ----->Establishing baseline response expectations and reporting mechanisms to assure response readiness;
- ----->Measuring and evaluating response and recovery effectiveness;
- ----->Assuring capacity to manage communication before, during, and after a health emergency;
- ----->Planning, implementing, and managing programs that include training and exercises to enhance the efforts of BCHD staff to respond in times of need; and
- ----->Developing and managing systems to support the effective use of BCHD staff and health volunteers during emergency scenarios.
The health department participates in several exercises and activities each year, to test its public health emergency preparedness. If you would like to volunteer with the health department, please contact our Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator
at the number listed below or logon to https://kentuckyhelps.com
to register for membership. The Bullitt County MRC meets quarterly
. Feel free to stop by for a no risk visit.
For additional questions about emergency preparedness, please call (502) 955-7837 ext. 2160
Are you ready?
Are you ready for life's "what if's"? Life can be full of many unexpected occurrences. In the event that an emergency should strike, you should always ensure you have made a plan. The health Department and our friends at Bullitt County Emergency Services can help you make those plans and give you tips on how to prepare an emergency kit – or you can check out www.ready.gov
Be Safe, Be Prepared, Make a KIT for your home!!
Kentucky Emergency Guide--Click here
for a Pocket GuideWinter Safety Information--Click here for more